scooterplace

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

for souped up Cushmans

I just checked out some performance parts for Cushman motor scooters at www.fastcushman.com . On that site you will see some stuff that you can use to make a Cushman go faster than they were ever intended to go. Going faster on a motor scooter is not for me, but some people ride them in traffic and they need to keep up. Motor scooters appeal to me because they are slow.

On page 4 of that site, I saw reproduction hubs that will work on an Eagle. As far as I know, there are no exact reproduction hubs available, so those after-market hubs are a good alternative. They probably work better than the originals. Most Cushman parts are reproduced so carefully you can't tell them from NOS. Fenders and wheels are good examples.

You often hear that the best way to make a scooter go faster is to lose weight. Usually, that means the rider, but your scooter can lose weight by replacing cast iron or steel parts with aluminum. You can get those at the site mentioned above.

No, they didn't pay me to say that.
Howard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit counter
Web Site Counters