scooterplace

Friday, February 25, 2005

Zundapp Bella

I just hung a new picture in my shop. I found it in the garage where it has been since before the shop was built. I can't remember where I got it but it is an 8 X 10 of a Zundapp Bella motorscooter that was manufactured in Germany in 1957. It is red, as scooters often are, but there is nothing else ordinary about it. It is a strangely beautiful scooter.

I have only seen one real Zundapp Bella in my whole life, so I guess that makes it rare. I looked it up and it is said to have 198cc's and 12.4 horsepower. That's rather powerful for a motor scooter. It also has German engineering that makes it a solid, reliable scooter. Zundapp produced the Bella until 1964, and some less impressive scooters up until 1984.

Most shop pictures are pin-ups, but in my shops you see the Bella, a poster of NASCAR's Mark Martin, some old Cushman ads, and a copy of Winslow Homer's Breezing Up, which was painted by my mother. I have the usual license plates, and my De-Liar collection, so there isn't a lot of empty wall space in there anymore.
Howard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit counter
Web Site Counters