scooterplace

Monday, February 28, 2005

scooter meet preparations

The SECC spring meet begins in a couple of weeks. I don't see how I can get ready. The shop is so full of stuff I can't find room to work. One whole end is full of potted plants that I am stuck with until after the last frost. But that's another story.

I need to get the fuel leak fixed on the 60-series. It isn't much to look at but it has new tires and runs strong. That makes it a good scoot to ride.

The Eagle may be OK. I think the new spark plug fixed it's problems, but I have a spare carburetor waiting in the wings if it won't run right. That's another good scooter to ride. I like the electric starter and brakes on both wheels. It's a very comfortable machine.

I haven't decided which of the other scooters will make the trip. I need to take something that has been restored. One thing that will be on board is a three-wheeled bicycle, aka "granny cycle" that I plan to sell.

If the weather would cooperate, I could roll a couple of scooters out on the patio to make room to work. It would also be nice if we had some warm dry weather for test runs.

But somehow, things will fall into place and we will go to Cochran for an enjoyable meet.
Howard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit counter
Web Site Counters