scooterplace

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Me on my 1963 Cushman Eagle

That is me in 2003, sitting on my unrestored original 1963 Cushman Super Silver Eagle, at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. We were attending the Cushman Club of America annual meet at Lebanon, Indiana, and we all went down to Indy to make one historic lap around the track. OK, so it was the slowest lap ever at Indy. But picture 730 Cushmans, mostly Eagles, circling that historic track at the same time. Memories are made of stuff like that.

I've made a few laps at Lowes(Charlotte) Motor Speedway in North Carolina. My 1947 Cushman model 52 step-thru went around 14 times. I made a couple of laps on the Eagle and the 1953 Allstate Deluxe made 1.5 laps. It would have made more if the chain hadn't broken. I guess I got a DNF at Charlotte.
Howard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit counter
Web Site Counters