scooterplace

Sunday, February 26, 2006

My first Cushman


This is my first Cushman. I bought it in 1993, and restoration was finished just in time for the 1995 meet of the Cushman Club of America in Lincoln, Nebraska. I rode it a lot the first few years, but as I got more scooters, I used it a little less. It seem to have held up very well. This picture was made in my shop in Feb. of 2006.

This scooter is very similar to one owned by a friend when we were in high school. The horn on the handlebars is the same one he had on his Cushman. His was a 1948 and mine is a 1947, but there is no difference between the two model years. He and I spent a lot of time riding his scooter in Fort Pierce, Florida back in the middle of the 20th century. Those were the days!


 
hit counter
Web Site Counters