scooterplace

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Help me find the model year of this tractor




I have just become the caretaker of the tractor that my wife's father bought new sometime between 1946 and 1950. I would like to pin down the model year. I'll load some pictures. Maybe you can tell me what you know about it. I know that it is a Super A, made by International, and that for some reason they put "Farmall" on the side of it. It has a 4-cylinder overhead valve inline engine with low horsepower but plenty of torque. It has worked hard for many years and except for the paint it has held up very well. I plan to get it painted and looking pretty much like a new tractor. I may put it to work a little in the garden, but like me, it is retired. I hope someone will still be caring for it when it is 100 years old.
Howard

2 Comments:

  • wow nice tractor pics

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 PM  

  • Roy,
    That number is 271052. Depending on who you ask, it was bought new in either 1946 or 1950.

    I got some bad news today when I drained the crankcase. I got a mixture of oil, water, and antifreeze.
    Howard

    By Blogger Howard, at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit counter
Web Site Counters