scooterplace

Friday, March 18, 2005

Back from the scooter meet

I just returned home from the SECC Spring meet in Cochran, Georgia. After pulling a trailer 360 miles right through Atlanta, I must admit to being a little tired, but it was a fun meet.

The weather, always a concern to scooterists, was a mixed bag of hot, cold, wet, dry, windy and calm. That's normal in March.

I took the Eagle and the Pacemaker. Neither was running very well, but with a parts vendor on the lot and a number of excellent Cushman mechanics running around, both are now running better. The people I see at SECC meets are all old friends now. This was my 21st consective SECC meet, including spring and fall meets, since before the turn of the century.

Spring was a little later than usual in Cochran, but blooms were beginning to appear. I heard the meet will be a couple of weeks later in 2006, so maybe we will hit there when Cochran is in its blooming peak. The people there always make the Cushman folks feel welcome.

I took a few pictures which I plan to send to Gene for possible use on the club web site. Look for them, along with Gene's pictures, at www.southeasterncushmanclub.com It might be a few days because I plan to send them on a CD via snail mail.
Howard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
hit counter
Web Site Counters